Modern, safe and comfortable: the Intercity-Express (ICE) is the second high-speed train to operate in Austria alongside the Railjet. In long-distance traffic, it reaches a top speed of 230 kilometers per hour.
Facilities and operation
The Intercity-Express awaits passengers with air-conditioned open cars with comfortable seats and modern equipment. Each double or single seat is equipped with electrical outlets, the seats in 1st class also include reading lamps. An on-board restaurant offers food and beverages. The Intercity-Express offers a special compartment for our customers with babies or toddlers up to 3 years of age.
Intercity-Express trains are currently in operation within our Austrian route network to Germany via Passau.
Facts on the ÖBB Intercity-Express
- Maximum speed: 230 km/h
- Number of seats: seating capacity for 381 persons
- Comfort categories: 1st class, 2nd class
- On-board restaurant: Yes
- Bicycle spaces: 3
- Barrier-free: Yes
- 1 wheelchair space, wheelchair-accessible toilet
- Platform-side boarding assistance
- Tactile elements
- Acoustic and optical information
- Severely handicapped spaces
- Space for assistance dog