Reserve your seats early!
- New: Separate booking of ticket and seat reservation now available via ÖBB Schulkonto.
- Make your own binding seat reservation on a long-distance connection* for up to 28 people via your ÖBB Schulkonto. For groups of 29 people or more, make an enquiry via seat reservation. A reservation costs € 1.- per seat (2nd class only).
- For local trains** groups of 30 people or more must register their intention to travel under seat reservation - groups of up to 29 people do not need to do this.
Feel like taking a trip together?
Austrian schools and youth organisations can travel especially cheaply through our country. The advantage: Accompanying adults travel for free.
- Schulcard specialists
- 0800 0800 11 (from Mon-Fri 07:30 - 17:00 working days)
Your benefits with the ÖBB Schulcard
- For Austrian schools and associations
- Children and youth groups from 6 people save up to 60% on the standard rate
- The Schulcard is valid for ÖBB train journeys within Austria in 2nd Class²
- A certain number of accompanying persons otravel for free.
- Mandatory, low-cost reservation in 2nd class for only € 1.- per seat
- 10% spend bonus in the form of vouchers (minimum spend: 100 euros per school year)
- Discount for new destination partners
What is the ÖBB Schulcard and who can use it?
The Schulcard is our discount card for groups of young people. They can then cheaply book tickets and reserve seats in Austria. The card will then be issued to the name of the school or youth group free of charge, and will arrive within 15 working days by post. At the same time, you will receive a separate letter with the corresponding PIN for registration in the school account and ticket booking.
Please note: More than half of the group must be young people or students under the age of 26. Young people from the age of 19 must have an additional valid Vorteilscard Jugend (youth advantage card). The school ticket can only be booked via your school account.
Accompanying adults travel for free with the ÖBB Schulcard
As an accompanying adult of a school class or youth group, you can travel on the train for free.
Number of accompanying adults who travel for free per group size Young people Free accompanying adult 6 to 20 2 people 21 to 30 3 people 31 to 40 4 people 41 to 50 5 people
Please note: More than half of the group must be young people or students under the age of 26. Young people from the age of 19 must have an additional valid Vorteilscard Jugend. The school ticket can only be booked online via your school account. The Schulcard ticket can only be booked online via your school account.
You wish to cancel your Schulcard ticket?
Before the 1st Day of validity the cancellation of your Schulcard ticket is free of charge. From the 1st Day of validity you can cancel it for 3 days with a fee of 50% of the fare (at least 15 euros per person). Outward and return tickets are classed as 2 single tickets.
Please note: If a ticket has already been obtained as a PDF, it can no longer be cancelled, exchanged or reimbursed.
How do I receive a spending bonus?
For the amount you spend within a school year (August until July) with the ÖBB Schulcard, a refund of 10% bonus in the form of education vouchers (voucher code) will be given.
The spending bonus will come into force after a minimum spend of 100 euros. The delivery of the education vouchers will occur in the following October.
Education vouchers/ voucher codes are intended for teachers, group leaders, trainers etc. so that they can travel with ÖBB to training, advanced training courses etc. However, it is up to the customer to decide how to use the vouchers.
Voucher codes can be redeemed online as well as ÖBB points of sale.
Redemption conditions for education vouchers
- Redeemable at ÖBB ticket offices, online at our ÖBB Ticketshop or via the ÖBB App.
- Not redeemable when buying an ÖBB Vorteilscard, or when buying tickets with an ÖBB Schulcard or in your business account.
- No extension of the validity period is permitted, and no exchange or cash redemption is possible.
¹ per person and kilometre, the journey with a train in Austria emits a 30x lower CO₂-emission that the journey with an average car and even 50x lower CO₂-emissions that an aeroplane (source: CO₂-Bilanz, calculated by the Umweltbundesamt).
² including Raaberbahn, excluding night trains and journeys within the Vorarlberg transport association.
* RJ, RJX, IC, ICE, EC, D.
** CJX, REX, R, S