When travelling with ÖBB, you can enjoy utmost comfort. We pick up your luggage prior to your departure and take it directly to your destination. Your suitcases, bags, skis or bicycles will be awaiting you when you arrive.
- Your luggage will be transported from any address to any address, e.g. from home to your hotel.
- Pick-up and delivery is available anywhere in Austria, to Germany (except for the German islands), South Tyrol and Switzerland.
- For each booking, you can send an unlimited number of pieces of luggage with a maximum weight of 30 kg each and a combined length and girth of 300 cm (calculation combined length and girth: 1x length + 2x width + 2x height)
Our service includes
- Notification by driver: the driver will call you approx. 30 minutes before pick-up/delivery in Austria
- Insurance: Each of your luggage items is ensured up to a value of € 800.00.
- Bicycle box (available from March 2019): When shipping a bicycle, we protect your bicycle from any damage by packing it in a box
How to book the door-to-door luggage service
- ÖBB ticket counter: Please book your door-to-door luggage service for the outward and return journey at least three working days prior to your requested pick-up date. In addition to the booking confirmation for each piece of luggage, you will also receive a luggage slip and an address tag to identify your luggage.
- ÖBB Customer Service (telephone: 05 1717): Please book your door-to-door luggage service for the outward and return journey at least two weeks days prior to your requested pick-up date. The booking confirmation, the luggage slips and the address tags to identify your luggage will be sent to you by mail.
Please note that door-to-door luggage can only be booked in combination with a train ticket for ÖBB-Personenverkehr AG trains.
You will find the telephone number for the door-to-door luggage hotline on the booking confirmation, should you have any queries.