With approximately 30,000 persons per day, Graz Central Train Station is one of Austria's most important train stations. This modern transportation hub combines local and long-distance transport within Styria and across the state's borders. You have many ways of reaching the station.
Arriving by public transport
With these options for public transport, you will reach Graz Central Train Station in no time:
- Tram: routes 1, 3, 6 and 7
- Bus: several routes of the city and regional lines, as well as international bus lines
- S-Bahn and train: S-Bahn Steiermark, national and international connections
Parking at the Central Station
You will find the Bahnhofgarage (parking garage) operated by BOE at Europaplatz 12. It is open daily around the clock. The fee for short-term parking is € 2.50 per hour. On Sundays, the first hour costs only € 1.-.
Our tip: With a valid ÖBB ticket, you will receive a special discounted rate for the parking garage at Graz Central Train Station. Parking 1 day costs € 9.50, 2 days € 18.-, 1 week € 25.- and 2 weeks € 45.-.
This is how it works:
- Contact the ÖBB travel centre or the ÖBB Lounge at the Central Train Station. You will receive a parking garage discount ticket together with your ÖBB train ticket.
- Drive your car into the Bahnhofgarage (parking garage), and take a short-term ticket at the entrance barrier. Caution: the discounted rates do not apply if you enter the garage using an ATM, Maestro or credit card.
- After your train journey, you insert first your short-term parking ticket and then your discount parking ticket into the payment station. The station calculates the reduced rate.