Here, you will find all information on how to transport your car or motorcycle on the Tauern motorail. To ensure your safe journey:
Separate transport of vehicles and passengers
Passengers and pets may not remain inside the vehicle during the passage. Only the driver drives the vehicle onto the train and then board the passenger car at platform 1. Accompanying passengers go aboard the passenger car immediately.
Permitted vehicle dimensions
- Maximum height: 3.60 metres (trucks) to 3.80 metres (buses)
- Maximum width: 2.50 metres
- Maximum weight: 25 tonnes
Not authorised for transport
- Transport of hazardous materials
- Vehicles with a total length of more than 12.5 metres
- Buses with 3 axles
Transport only after prior reservation
Coaches (2 axles) and motorcycle groups are only transported after prior reservation.
Transport is subject to available spaces, reservations are not possible. We cannot guarantee transport on a particular train. Please note the signs posted in the loading zones.
- Due to the structural nature of the older passenger cars, wheelchair users cannot use the toilet on the trains at the Tauernbahn car lock. As an alternative, barrier-free toilet facilities are available in the Mallnitz-Obervellach and Böckstein stations.
- Due to the structural nature of older passenger cars, only wheelchairs with a width of 65 cm can be transported. A wheelchair with a width of 60 cm is available in both the Mallnitz-Obervellach and Böckstein stations to transport wheelchair users in passenger cars.