Ideal for a day trip from Carinthia to Udine or Venice.
In Villach Hbf there are transfer possibilities between train and Intercitybus.
|Trieste Centrale (arr.)
|Venezia Mestre (arr.)
|Venezia Tronchetto (arr.)
|Venezia Tronchetto (dep.)
|Venezia Mestre (dep.)
|Trieste Centrale (dep.)
Busses 830, 831, 832, 835, 838 operate daily from 02.06. until 26.09.2021.
Bus 837 operates daily from 01.06. until 25.09.2021.
At Villach Hauptbahnhof there are train connections from/to Salzburg and Vienna
Carriage is made cross-border only
2nd class bookable. All bus tickets to / from Italy automatically include a seat reservation.
Bicycle transport restricted (bicycle ticket required)
- Villach Hauptbahnhof, bus terminal directly at the station
- Udine rail station, Viale Europa Unita (stop is directly in front of the station)
- Trieste Centrale/Autostazione, Bus stop Nr. 1 (bus station right next to station Centrale)
- Venezia Mestre rail station, Viale Stazione 8C
- Venezia Tronchetto (stop is directly in front of cabin-rail station "People Mover", connecting Tronchetto with the cruise ship terminal and with Piazzale Roma; Vaporetto station "Tronchetto").
Tickets and prices
With the Sparschiene ticket (special booking conditions, limited number, no exchange/cancellation):
- starting from € 9.90* from Villach to Udine
- starting from € 10.90* from Villach to Trieste
- starting from € 13.90* from Villach to Venice
- starting from € 20.80* from Vienna/Salzburg to Venice/Trieste (combination ticket train+bus)
* Starting price for an ÖBB Sparschiene ticket per person and direction, in the indicated travel category, incl. seat reservation; offer only valid for a certain train and subject to ticket allotment, can be booked max. 6 months (180 days) before departure. No discounts. Tickets cannot be exchanged, cancelled or refunded. The ÖBB Personenverkehr AG's terms and conditions apply.