Buying tickets in the ÖBB app has never been this easy: The new additional function SimplyGo! recognises the routes traveled between locations within Austria through GPS tracking and determines the appropriate public transport fare for each route on the following day*. Simply perfect for all those who enjoy travelling flexibly and spontaneously by train, bus, subway and tram.
Once you have successfully checked in, you can use the following means of public transport within Austria, including corridor routes:
- ÖBB regional and long-distance trains
- ÖBB buses within Austria
- Selected regional trains (e.g. GKB and GYSEV)
- All regional bus and city transport operators that accept tickets issued by the transport associations (e.g. Wiener Linien, Graz Linien and Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe)
The following tickets and discounts are available:
- ÖBB standard tickets 2nd class
- Single ride tickets issued by transport associations
- Day tickets or 24-hour tickets issued by transport associations
Night train tickets and limited tickets such as Sparschiene are not available with SimplyGo!.
All discounts you have stored in your ÖBB customer account are automatically deducted from the invoice. These include, among other things:
- Discounts (e.g. Austrian disability pass)
- Customer cards (e.g. Vorteilscard Classic)
- Network tickets (e.g. annual pass for Vienna)
- Further existing tickets (e.g. ticket for city traffic Salzburg)
Please note that these must be presented at ticket control.
Here's how it works
- Activate the feature in the ÖBB customer account by clicking on "My account" and selecting “SimplyGo!”
- Next, please follow the activation process and fill in the required data. This activation is necessary only once and is free of charge.
- Upon successful activation, you can directly access SimplyGo! in the menu bar at the bottom of the screen in the ÖBB app. You can immediately start travelling conveniently between locations within Austria (incuding corridor routes).
- To start your public transport journey, click on SimplyGo! in the menu bar, check the pre-selected stop and swipe to the right before boarding the chosen means of transport.
- At the destination stop, swipe left after exiting the chosen means of transport to end your trip.
- You can view the preliminary price of your completed trip in the SimplyGo! area under "My Account".
- Optimised billing is automatically carried out on the following day via your credit/ debit card. You will also receive a detailed overview of your billed trips via email.
Please read the provisions in the terms and conditions for SimplyGo!. If you have any further questions, please contact us via our contact form, by calling 05 1717 between 6 am and 9 pm or contact our staff in the ÖBB travel centers directly.
Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. That is why protecting your data is particularly important to us. You can find all the relevant information in our Data Privacy Statement.
* The General Terms and Conditions for the SimplyGo! Beta phase as well as the Fare Rules and Conditions of Carriage of ÖBB-Personenverkehr AG apply, retrievable via oebb.at.