ÖBB's longest electric traction unit
With a length of 104.5 metres, the ÖBB Cityjets TALENT3 are the longest trains in ÖBB’s entire EMU fleet. The six-part electric multiple units offer around 300 seats - approximately 100 more than their predecessors. The top speed of 160 km/h also means a further increase by 20 km/h.
Parts of the interior are modular and can be exchanged. This is a key advantage, especially when it comes to transporting bicycles and skis. In winter, the trains can be equipped with ski and snowboard racks. In the summer, passengers are offered a bicycle compartment with a uniquely designed retaining system that was developed especially for ÖBB. It allows passengers to get on and off quickly and without complications, and offers cyclists seats close to their bikes.
The sophisticated interior includes
- adjustable comfortable seats with foot and armrests as well as sockets
- folding tables
- an innovative lighting system
- WiFi as well as a modern passenger information system with on-board portal
- environmentally friendly and intelligent automatic climate control
- significantly more space for prams, bicycles and additional luggage
- a variable interior with ample storage space for bicycles, luggage, prams....
- low-floor entrances with gap bridges for barrier-free access to all doors
- 2 toilets each, one of which offers barrier-free access
The outwardly curved shape of the wagons which enhances the volume and the train’s continuity (as there are no more separating doors) create the sense of an open, generous space.