Please inform yourself in due time before your journey about the current timetables, official regulations, entry requirements and the comprehensive hygiene regulations of your destination country. You can find information on this, for example, at: www.bmeia.gv.at / www.oesterreich.gv.at (in German language). The required documents (e.g. green passport for the categories "tested, vaccinated, convalescent") can be checked on the train.
On connections to and from Italy, our service staff must check the following documents and measures due to official requirements:
If one of the above mentioned points cannot be fulfilled, the journey in the ÖBB Nightjet may not be started.
Each individual is responsible for complying with these measures. The control of the legal requirements and any sanctions resulting therefrom are also the responsibility of the executive.
Before the trip - plan the trip
- If you feel sick, it is better not to use the train.
- Wash or disinfect hands thoroughly before setting off.
- For maximum privacy, the compartments in the three comfort categories can also be booked as separate (private) compartments.
- It is currently not possible to book individual berths in 6-berth compartments. Please book your place in the 4-berth compartment or a private compartment.
Wait and get in
- Keep a sufficient distance when waiting at the train station.
- We recommend wearing a mouth-nose protection also in the station.
- Use all available entry and exit areas or doors.
- Allow other passengers to get off at a sufficient distance before boarding.
Protect your mouth and nose while being on board
- Mouth and nose protection is mandatory in the ÖBB Nightjet.
- Stay in your own compartment without other passengers
- While sleeping
- We ask our passengers to take mouth-nose protection on their own responsibility.
- Please do not leave the mouth-nose protection on the trains.
- Cough / sneeze only in the elbows or in a handkerchief.
- For traveling on a EuroNight train, please inform yourself in advance about the country-specific regulations for traveling on public transport.
- Also with mouth-nose protection, according to option, keep the minimum distance.
- Leave the seat and the compartment as late as possible before getting out.
After the ride
- Immediately dispose of used handkerchiefs correctly and discard or wash used masks.
- Wash or disinfect hands thoroughly.