Dinner on St. Marc's Square in Venice or a cool beer at the Oktoberfest in Munich: with ÖBB Sparschiene, you can be certain that your budget will allow room for fun activities. Let us take you to Europe's most popular cities at a low rate - service and leg room included.
Easy on the budget
- 2nd class Sparschiene Europe tickets are available for as little as 19 euros.
- Sparschiene Europa tickets for first class travel are on offer for as little as 29 euros.
- On the ÖBB night train, Sparschiene allows you to travel to many cities for as little as 29 euros.
Munich, Frankfurt or Berlin: with ÖBB Sparschiene, we take you to numerous German cities for as little as 29 euros.
From picturesque Tuscany to the popular City of Venice: "Bella Italia" is the place to be for anybody who enjoys culture as well as the little things in life.
Mountain panoramas and lakes, art fairs and financial centres: as a holiday destination, Switzerland combines many interesting contrasts.
From the Sudeten Mountains to historic cities: with its natural and cultural treasures, our neighbouring country, the Czech Republic, attracts visitors from all over the world.
The King's Palace, the Van Gogh Museum or Anne Frank's house: Amsterdam offers a wide range of historic and cultural sights.
From the Grand Place to the Atomium: travel to Brussels for as little as 62.- Euro with ÖBB Sparschiene Europa, and discover the sights of the Belgian capital city.
Let the little mermaid enchant you, or watch the changing of the guards in front of the Danish Queen's palace.
Lovingly restored façades and cosy little cafés: Zagreb invites you to come, linger and enjoy.
Attractive open squares, magnificent boulevards and generously dimensioned parks: Luxembourg is a European capital city with a very special charm.
The capital city of Warsaw, historic Krakow or the seaport of Gdansk: the sights awaiting you are as diverse as the Polish cities themselves.
To the north, the landscape is dominated by mountains, while the Mediterranean flair in the south makes sun worshippers' hearts beat faster.
From the Buda Castle Quarter to the old market hall and the thermal baths: Budapest awaits you with a wide range of fascinating sights.
Inexpensive trips to Serbia: travel from Vienna to Belgrade or Novi Sad for as little as € 39.-!
How to book your ÖBB Sparschiene Europa ticket
The number of Sparschiene tickets per train is limited. You should therefore book as early as possible, ideally up to 6 months prior to your trip. Your easiest option to get your Sparschiene Europa ticket is via tickets.oebb.at: simply click on Book ticket, and search for your desired connection. Should no Sparschiene ticket be available, you can use the buttons "earlier" or "later" to expand your search.
You can also purchase Sparschiene Europa tickets with the ÖBB customer service at +43 (0)5 1717 (payment only by credit card), at the ÖBB ticket counters and at the ÖBB travel agencies.
Compare our offers
The number of Sparschiene tickets per train is limited. Once they are gone, we automatically offer you the next higher price category. Depending on the route and any applicable discount (e.g. Vorteilscard), there may be a less expensive option. You can compare prices at the tickets.oebb.at.
Tip: Reserve a seat
Sparschiene Europa tickets for day trains do not include a seat reservation. Reserve your seat comfortably at tickets.oebb.at for only 3 euros. At the ÖBB ticket counters and the ÖBB customer service at +43 (0)5 1717, reservations cost 3.50 euros per seat. Caution: depending on the country of destination and whether you choose a day or a night-time connection, different advance booking periods may apply.
Complete details regarding ÖBB Sparschiene Europa
Sparschiene Europa offers international travel from Austria at attractive low rates. Tickets for day trains are available for as little as 19 euros, tickets for the ÖBB night train start at 29 euros (2nd class, single journey). Depending on the train category, we can also offer you 1st class Sparschiene tickets for as little as 29 euros.
Children below the age of 15 accompanied by at least one parent or grandparent travel along for free (exceptions: ÖBB Intercitybus to Italy and ÖBB night train). On our night trains, each adult can take along up to 2 children for a price of 9 euros per child.
Your Sparschiene at a glance
- Points of sale: ÖBB Sparschiene Europa tickets are available from the following points of sale: at tickets.oebb.at, from the ÖBB customer service (payment only by credit card), at the ÖBB ticket counters and at the ÖBB travel agencies. An exception is the route from Innsbruck to Munich via Garmisch/Partenkirchen. Tickets for this route can only be purchased online or via the ÖBB App.
- Validity: The ticket is valid for one person on the train selected, on a specific day of travel and in one direction. You must use at least one ÖBB long-distance train (e.g. Railjet, Intercity, Eurocity or Euronight) or an ÖBB Intercitybus. Warning: the number of tickets per train is limited.
- Advance booking period: You can purchase your Sparschiene Europa ticket as early as 6 months and up to one minute before your travel date (except day-time connections to and from Switzerland and Poland. In this case tickets can be booked up until 3 days before travelling). Pay attention to timetable changes: you want to book a trip for April of next year in November? You will not be able to purchase a ticket until the new timetable has been published in December.
- Seat reservation: On the ÖBB night train, seat reservation is included. In a couchette or sleeper cabin, you will also receive breakfast. Our recommendation for day-time travel: reserve your seat right away when booking your ticket.
- Discounts and reimbursements: No further discounts - e.g. with the ÖBB Vorteilscard - are granted when booking Sparschiene tickets. Sparschiene tickets are non-refundable. An exchange of Sparschiene tickets or the use of other trains or travel dates against a surcharge is not possible.
- Terms and conditions and prices: Please also note our current terms and conditions for ÖBB Sparschiene Europa as well as our night trains. The prices for Sparschiene tickets can be checked anytime at tickets.oebb.at.