Salt Worlds Hallstatt and observation deck "World Heritage View".
It is truly a unique sensation to travel through time with the “railroad” through the mountain valleys, along the lakes of the Salzkammergut and take a boat across the Hallstätter See. Venture on this trip through the elements, through the aromatic mountain air and gorgeous nature - on a path taking you through the millennia to discover the history of salt.
The Salzberg funicular brings you comfortably to the Hallstatt mountain valley, from where a 15-minute walk takes you past historic sites to the entrance to the Salt Worlds Hallstatt.
7000 years, and not in the least boring! This is how the oldest salt mine in the world presents itself today. The 90-minute tour through the underground world lets history come alive as a fascinating adventure! Using state-of-the-art multimedia technology, the visitor is guided through the exciting history of salt mining, from the Neolithic period all the way to modern high-tech mining. Super-long 60 metre slides, mysterious tunnels, an underground salt lake and rapid rides with the pit railway: Here, scientific research mixes with exciting entertainment in an impressive manner.
- Bronze Age cinema - 400 metres below ground! The oldest wooden staircase in Europe is the centre and highlight of this new presentation surrounding the prehistoric miners of Hallstatt.
- Hallstatt Skywalk
- The new observation deck "WELTERBEBLICK" (World Heritage View) below the "Rudolfsturm" restaurant offers the unique opportunity to enjoy the World Heritage town of Hallstatt from a bird's-eye view.
- Don't forget warm clothes and sturdy shoes!
- Transfer by boat across the Hallstätter See (return journey)
- Round trip with the Salzberg funicular
- Entry to the Salt Worlds Hallstatt, incl. guided tour
- Observation deck "World Heritage View"
Destination station: Hallstatt
|from 03.03.18 - 09.12.18||ÖBB Plus-offer||Local prices|
|Adults||€ 32,80||€ 36,-|
|Children 4<15 years||€ 18,30||€ 20,-|
Children under the age of 4 are not admitted to the exhibition.