The legend of Kitzsteinhorn is not just a glacier, but THE glacier, and the first glacier ski resort in Austria: an alpine experience with that “wow” factor, 365 days a year. This mountain of adventure opens out from its most powerful side, surrounded by the highest peaks in Austria.
"Gipfelwelt 3000", an excursion destination all year-round
At 3,029 metres, the Kitzsteinhorn summit station is the highest point in the Salzburg Land, and is accessible without special alpine skills all year round by cable car. High above Zell am See-Kaprun, and incorporating Cinema 3000, Austria's highest cinema, the "Top of Salzburg” panoramic platform and the National Park Gallery, Gipfelwelt 3000 offers unique views of the Hohe Tauern National Park and Austria's highest mountains. In summer the ICE ARENA will delight you with a very special experience: snow slides, snow beach and ice bar offer a unique, tingling summer snow adventure for all of the family. The Kitzsteinhorn summit restaurant is the highest in Salzburg, and will pamper you with special regional as well as international dishes, together with a 5-star panoramic vista.
- Regional bus transfer to Kaprun Kitzsteinhorn/Gletscherbahn „Gipfelwelt 3000“ and back (exact departure times at www.postbus.at)
- Uphill and downhill journey via cable car up to 3,029 m
- Gipfelwelt 3000: "Top of Salzburg” panoramic platform, Cinema 3000, National Park Gallery, ICE ARENA (July & August)
- May - September: Daily free guided tour with national park ranger
- December - April: Every Tuesday free guided tour with national park ranger
Destination station: Zell am See
|from 09.04.-31.12.2018||ÖBB Plus-offer||local prices|
|Adults||€ 47,20||€ 51,40|
|Children 6<15 years||€ 23,70||€ 25,80|
Children up to the age of 6 are free