Schlafwagen Frühstück / Breakfast - sleeper cabin
Frühstücksservice im Schlafwagen / Breakfast service - sleeper cabin
Schlafwagenabteil (1-Bett) / Sleeper cabin (single)
1-Bett-Abteil (Single) / Cabin with 1 bed (single)
Schlafwagenabteil (2-Bett) / Sleeper cabin (double)
2-Bett-Abteil (Double) / Cabin with 2 beds (double)
Liegewagenabteil (4 Liegen) / Couchette coach
Liegewagenabteil mit 4 Liegen / Couchette compartment with 4 berths
Liegewagenabteil (Familienabteil) / Couchette coach (family compartment)
Familienabteil im Nightjet / Family compartment on the Nightjet
Sitzwagenabteil / Seat compartment
Sitzwagenabteil mit 6 Sitze pro Abteil / Compartment has 6 seats
Booking a reduced seat, simply spending the night on a couchette coach or enjoying the comfort of a bed: On the ÖBB Nightjet, you have the choice between several different travel categories. No matter if you are travelling alone, with your family or as a group, you will surely find your preferred option.
Do you want to take a look around in the different Nightjet travel categories? At the end of this website you can find 360° pictures of seat, couchette coach and sleeper cabin. So get an impression of traveling with the Nightjet.
- cheapest way of travelling
- 6 seats (2nd class) per compartment
- toilets and washrooms in the wagons
- booked seat included - you can select your seat when booking (window, aisle, centre)
- beverages and snacks can be purchased from the train team on the couchette or sleeper coach
Couchette coach - standard
- suitable for groups, families or price-conscious individual travellers
- compartments are equipped with 4 or 6 berths - you can select your berth when booking (top, middle, lower berth)
- When booking, the system does not segregate by sex in the compartment (exception: women´s compartment, see below).
- each berth is equipped with a blanket, a sheet, and a fresh pillow
- toilets and washrooms are located in the wagons
- the compartments can be locked from the inside
- "Viennese breakfast" (coffee/tea, 1 roll, butter, jam) and sparkling water are included.
- In your compartment, you will also find a food menu containing beverages and snacks the train team will gladly serve you against payment. The bunks are stacked. When booking, simply select your desired type of compartment (4 beds or 6 beds) as well as your berth (bottom, middle or on top).
Couchette coach - women´s compartment
The couchette coach features special women’s compartments for our female passengers. The prices, equipment and service is equal to the above mentioned standard couchette coach compartments, but these berths can only be booked by women. When booking online please select this option (category couchette - women´s compartment) or book it at every ÖBB ticket counter or through the ÖBB Customer Service at 0043 5 1717.
Couchette coach - family compartment
Head off on a trip together to marvel at the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, discover the Colosseum in Rome or visit Gardaland near Verona:
- 1 compartment for the whole family
- 1 or 2 adults travel together with 1 to 4 children (up to 14 years of age) at a flat rate
- equipment and service are equal to the above mentioned standard couchette coach compartments.
- The number of compartments is limited.
- Tickets are available at all ÖBB, SBB and DB points of sale as well as at nightjet.com
Couchette coach with Wheelchair compartment
On many routes, passengers with impaired mobility can make use of a coach with wheelchair-accessible couchette compartment and adjacent sanitary facilities. This couchette coach compartment provides room for one passenger with a wheelchair and one accompanying person. Please book this berth early enough. The discounted ticket for the accompanying person can only be purchased on the train itself.
Information and booking the wheelchair-accessible compartment
Please book this special compartment through the Austrian Federal Railways’ customer service in Vienna at 0043 5 1717 (up to 48 hours before departure).
Customers from Germany:
- At the DB service number: 0049 180 6 99 66 33 (20 ct/call from a landline, max. 60 ct/call from a mobile phone), key word: “Advice” or
- via the direct phone number 0049 180 6 512 512 (20 ct/call from a German landline, max. 60 ct/call from a mobile phone)
- through the Austrian Federal Railways’ customer service in Vienna at 0043 5 1717
Customers from Switzerland:
- Via the Call Center Handicap: Toll-free number 0800 007 102 for calls from Switzerland, +41 (0)51 225 78 44 for calls from foreign countries (respective official rates).
- most comfortable way of travelling
- available as standard and deluxe compartment:
- standard compartment: features own washing facilities
- deluxe compartment: features their own bathroom with wash basin, shower and toilet, shower gel and towels
- A sleeper cabin compartment can be booked in the form of Single (alone in the compartment), Double (two people in the compartment) or Triple (three people in the compartment). You may also book single berths in the compartment categories Triple and Double. In this case, you will share the compartment with other passengers (segregated between men and women).
- Both sides of the compartments can be locked by the passenger, while an intercom system allows them to directly contact the train team.
- comprehensive range of services:
- Welcome Drink
- Welcome Bag
- newspaper service
- freshly made bed
- towels and toiletry (among others, soap, slippers and cotton swabs)
- wake-up service
- à la carte breakfast with hot beverages (re-fill included): The dishes and beverages you have selected at night will be served to you in your compartment the next morning.
You can furthermore order items from the food menu in your compartment which contains warm and cold snacks as well as beverages the train team will gladly serve you against payment. Kindly send special requests for food served on the Nightjet trains (e.g. Gluten-free breakfast) to the following e-mail address until 24 hours prior to your departure:
- Newrest Wagons-Lits
In addition to the Nightjet trains, ÖBB offers EuroNight trains in cooperation with various railway partners. The coaches and service on these Euronight trains is courtesy of our partners. The scope and quality of services on these trains may differ from those provided on ÖBB Nightjet trains. However, places in the couchette and sleeper coaches of our partners always include a breakfast.
360° impressions of our compartments*
* Example photos: View and equipment may vary depending on the car's material.