...rather save on train fares!
Do you like to be flexible when travelling by train? Then the ÖBB Vorteilscard is your ideal choice for flexible travel throughout Austria. Because this card ensures that you receive a discount every time you buy a ticket. After only a few trips a year, the card has already paid for itself.
Do you already know our 3 Damen vom Gleis | 3 ladies from the station? Lotte, Ilse and Sissi went on a summerly travel adventure to the Ausseerland region of Austria - of course, with their Vorteilscard Senior. Follow the whole story: railaxed.at/dreidamenvomgleis
Your main benefits
- When buying ÖBB standard single tickets online, via the ÖBB app or at the ÖBB ticket vending machines, you save 50%.
- When buying ÖBB standard single tickets at the ÖBB ticket counters or at the ÖBB travel agencies, you save 45%.
- In addition to this, you can also travel abroad for less: With Railplus, you receive a 15% discount on cross-border rail travel.
- Discounted rates on private railways: On most private railways in Austria, you receive discounts of up to 50% with your Vorteilscard. Exception: the Vorteilscard Family is only valid on the Raab-Oedenburg-Ebenfurter railway, the Mariazellerbahn and the Citybahn Waidhofen.
- Special rates for ÖBB Rail Tours As a holder of a Vorteilscard, you will receive special conditions for ÖBB Rail Tours travel packages.
- Travel to Vienna-Schwechat Airport: The Vienna Airportlines as well as the City Airport Train (CAT) take you to the airport for a discounted fare.
- Rental bicycles at the train station: At 59 ÖBB train stations in Lower Austria and Burgenland, nextbike operates bicycle rental stations. With your Vorteilscard or Österreichcard, every first hour of your bicycle trip is free.
These benefits are valid until revoked.
Recognition of the Vorteilscard by the transport associations - an overview
Valid from 06 July 2016.
|Shortcut||VC Classic||VC Jugend||VC 66||VC Family||VC Senior|
For journeys with standard single tickets and season tickets for travellers within a public transport system, the respective association's rate always applies. This means that in this case the fare will be charged exclusively according to the rules of the respective public transport authority. If the ÖBB Vorteilscard or a similar proof of entitlement to a discounted fare is recognised by the respective transport association, only the corresponding discount stipulated by the transport authority will be granted. These discounts deviate from ÖBB’s discounts and may be lower or higher. If the ÖBB Vorteilscard is not recognised by the respective transport association, you will always receive an ÖBB standard single ticket with the respective ÖBB discount. Further information can be found in our guide for travelling with ÖBB in Austria (sections C.5, C.7, C.10 and C.16).
The ÖBB Vorteilscard is valid on these private railways
In addition to the ÖBB rail network, the Vorteilscard can also be used on the following private railways:
Citybahn Waidhofen (CD), Graz-Köflacher Bahn, Mariazellerbahn (MzB), Montafonerbahn, Pinzgauer Lokalbahn, Raab-Oedenburg-Ebenfurter Eisenbahn (Austrian routes), Salzburger Lokalbahn, Steiermärkische Landesbahnen, Stern & Hafferl, Stubaitalbahn, Wiener Lokalbahnen, Zillertalbahn.
* For journeys within transport networks, the respective association's rate applies, and it may therefore be possible that no or a lower Vorteilscard discount is granted.
Choose your ÖBB Vorteilscard
We have the right offer for everyone to travel cheaply and flexibly throughout Austria...
How can you get your ÖBB Vorteilscard?
You can get your ÖBB Vorteilscard at the ÖBB ticket shop, at the ÖBB ticket counters and at the ÖBB travel agencies. The Vorteilscard will be issued in your name and is not transferable to other persons. The Vorteilscard can be purchased up to one month prior to the requested start of the validity period and is valid for a period of 12 months. Please have a photo identification card including proof of age at hand on any train journey.
Buy your Vorteilscard online
In order to request an ÖBB Vorteilscard online, you need to create an ÖBB account or log on to your existing ÖBB account. Each holder of a Vorteilscard needs their own ÖBB account. Here, you can easily order, manage and renew your Vorteilscard 66, Jugend, Senior and Family. This is how it works:
- Order: Register online at tickets.oebb.at for an ÖBB account, or log in with your usual access data and select "Vorteilscard" in the menu under "Further offers". When placing an order, you will be providing your personal data. Afterwards, select the desired card and the start date for its validity.
- Pay: You pay for your Vorteilscard by online transfer from your bank account (direct debit) or by credit card (please consider the requirements of the 3-D-Secure procedure).
- Go: You will receive your temporary Vorteilscard immediately by e-mail - simply print it out and start travelling throughout Austria at reduced rates. Several days later, you will receive your credit card-sized Vorteilscard by mail.
Buying a Vorteilscard at the ÖBB ticket counter
You can also purchase your ÖBB Vorteilscard Classic, Jugend, Senior and Family at the train station. This is how it works:
- Order: The order form for your Vorteilscard is available from the ÖBB ticket counters and the ÖBB travel agencies.
- Pay: You can pay your Vorteilscard cash, by ATM card or by credit card (depending on availability).
- Go: After paying, you will immediately receive a temporary Vorteilscard. With this, you can travel throughout Austria and abroad at discounted rates. Several days later, we will send you your credit card-sized Vorteilscard by mail.
Here you can find the opening hours of our ticket counters.
Easily get your new Vorteilscard via SEPA mandate:
If you provide us with a SEPA mandate (direct debit order), we will be able to deduct the fee for your new card directly from your account when the card is renewed. You will receive your new card by mail in good time.