With our railjet trains, you can reach Vienna International Airport quickly and easily from any Austrian state capital, either directly or with one change at Wien Hauptbahnhof (Vienna Main station). The ÖBB railjet train service serves Vienna International Airport via Vienna Main station twice an hour. The fastest connection gets you there from Salzburg in only 2 hours 49 mins, from Linz in 1 hour 43 mins, from St Pölten in 55 mins and from Vienna Main station in just 15 mins. We will bring you to your flight in peace while you browse travel guides or arrange business meetings. From the station, it’s just a short indoor walk to the terminal building. Step-free access is also available.
Further public transport connections from Vienna to Vienna Airport: CAT (City Airport Train), buses operated by Vienna AirportLines, as well as the rapid transit railway S7.
Getting there from Austria
With an ÖBB long-distance train, you can reach Vienna Airport quickly and easily from any state capital.
Getting there from Vienna
From Vienna, you can reach the airport easily and comfortably in several ways.
Direct, fast and comfortable rail connections from Linz or Salzburg to Vienna Airport to access all the destinations in the Austrian Airlines global route network.
Improved options of getting to Vienna International Airport with the change of the timetable in December 2017:
- All long-distance trains that serve Vienna International Airport are railjet trains.
- There are hourly connections to Vienna International Airport from Tyrol and Vorarlberg.
- NEW from 10th of December 2017: early connection from Wels to Linz to Vienna International Airport (arrival at 5.57).
There are also attractive direct connections for people travelling from Graz to Vienna International Airport:
- In addition to the hourly connections, there are also 6 daily direct connections between Graz and Vienna International Airport every day.
There are the following connections for people travelling from Carinthia to Vienna International Airport:
- As before, there are convenient connections every two hours from Carinthia via Vienna main station.