The new ÖBB Railnet: now featuring free ePapers
From now on you have access to over 100 newspapers and magazines in digital form when travelling on Railjet trains. Apart from that, the ORF TVthek still makes for best entertainment. Moreover, the portal has been completely redesigned and is now more user-friendly thanks to a new intuitive navigation.
The following features are now awaiting you in the new Railnet - the onboard portal offering WI-FI, service & infotainment:
Travel info & Service
- Travel preview: The following stops on your journey including real-time connections
- Live map: Interactive map with the live position and speed of your train
- Services: Information about your train, e.g. equipment and features
- ÖBB TV: Collection of exciting ÖBB videos
- Newspapers: The most recent editions of over 20 regional, national and international publications
- Magazines: Over 70 magazines, from economics and sports to fashion and cooking
- ORF TVthek: From documentaries and crime shows to comedy and sports
And this is how it works...
- Lean back and log into the ÖBB WI-FI network using your smartphone, tablet or laptop PC (network name: OEBB).
- Just click on "connect now" and dive into the new Railnet or type railnet.oebb.at into your browser.
From December 12th 2017, Wi-Fi on Railjet trains will also be available abroad, of course free of charge.
Your surfing experience depends on the mobile communication coverage and the usage behaviour of fellow passengers along the line. Therefore, in the sense of fairness, please refrain from using data-intensive internet services (Youtube, Netflix etc.).
How the WI-FI service on the train works
To provide you with an internet connection via the train's own WI-FI network, antennas on the ÖBB Railjet's roof bundle data signals from several mobile communications providers and make them available to you as an internet connection on the train through the ÖBB WI-FI system. To allow for higher bandwidths, the system connects to several mobile communications networks at the same time.
Websites are blocked automatically which is why the system does not achieve complete accuracy. Should you think that the blocking of a certain website was unjustified or that an accessible website should be blocked, please contact us at: email@example.com