Open up a whole new world of “railaxed” travelling.
A whole new world of travelling opens up with ÖBB Railnet, your on-board portal offering WI-FI, service & infotainment. On the portal, you will find:
- Service: Information on your train such as equipment and your journey
- Infotainment: ORF TVthek: from documentaries and crime shows to comedy and sports
- WI-FI connection.
This is how it works...
- Lean back and log into the ÖBB WI-FI network using your smart phone, tablet or laptop PC (network name: OEBB).
- Just click on "connect now" and dive into the new onboard portal ÖBB Railnet (railnet.oebb.at).
- The ÖBB button at the top left of the portal's home page takes you to the menu where you can, for instance, select the ORF TVthek.
The new WI-FI system on ÖBB Railjet trains makes surfing the internet even better.
Your surfing experience depends on the mobile communication coverage and the usage behaviour of fellow passengers along the line. Therefore, in the sense of fairness, please refrain from using data-intensive internet services (Youtube, Netflix etc.).
How the WI-FI service on the train works
To provide you with an internet connection via the train's own WI-FI network, antennas on the ÖBB Railjet's roof bundle data signals from several mobile communications providers and make them available to you as an internet connection on the train through the ÖBB WI-FI system. To allow for higher bandwidths, the system connects to several mobile communications networks at the same time.
Websites are blocked automatically which is why the system does not achieve complete accuracy. Should you think that the blocking of a certain website was unjustified or that an accessible website should be blocked, please contact us at: email@example.com