The Economy class wagons offer plenty of room for traveller, additional amenities in the First class or special offers, comfort and service in the Business Class.
Economy Class (2nd class)
An ÖBB class of its own.
The ÖBB 2nd class wagons offer plenty of room for travellers.
|Modern seats in open cars||yes||yes||partially|
|Compartments (6 seats)||no||yes||partially|
|Generous luggage racks / luggage compartments||yes||yes||yes|
|One electric outlet per double seat||yes||yes||no|
|All trains with air-conditioning||yes||yes||yes|
|Restaurant and bistro car||yes||no||yes|
|Trolley service with Nespresso coffee||yes||yes||no|
|Children’s cinema or playing wagon for children||yes||no||no|
|Special glazing optimizes mobile reception||yes||yes||no|
Upgrade - simply book your First Class ticket with the train attendants, at the ticket counter or on the Internet.
First Class (1st class)
Your pamper compartment.
Additional amenities over Economy class.
|More room between the seats sideways, 2+1 seating in open cars||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Individually adjustable seats||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Extra wide tables||yes||no||no||no|
|Compartments (6 seats)||no||no||partially||partially|
|Electric outlet per seat||yes||yes||yes||partially|
|Cabin service: Food and drinks from the restaurant menu are served at your seat, if you wish||yes||yes||no||yes|
|Moving repeater for an optimized mobile communications reception||no||no||yes||no|
* in the onboard portal Railnet including WiFi, service and infotainment with more than 20 daily newspapers and 70 magazines as well as the ORF TVthek and the classical portal fidelio
Upgrade - simply book your Business Class ticket with the train attendants, at the ticket counter or on the Internet.
For only 15 Euros more than the First Class ticket, Business Class offers special comfort and service. Business Class amenities are available in some of the Eurocity trains.
Amenties of the Railjet Business Class
- Maximum side room between seats and comfortable leg room
- Leather seat covers
- Individually adjustable seats with adaptable back rests and leg rests
- Generous folding tables
- Reading lamps
- Quiet atmosphere for undisturbed work
- One electrical outlet per seat for laptops or other electronic devices
- Generous work surfaces
Services of the Railjet Business Class
- Seat reservation included
- Choice of welcome drink*
- Free daily newspapers, weekly magazines and business magazines*
- Cabin service: Delicious meals and drinks from the bistro and the restaurant served at your seat.
* only on Austrian track sections
Book your Business Class seat very easily at the ticket counter, with your train attendant or on the Internet.
As a rule, one 1st class ticket and a reservation for 15,- Euro are required for every journey. For Österreichcard Classic 1st class (Business) and Österreichcard Familie 1st class, the reservation of Business Class seats is made free of charge.