Passengers travelling to/from Linz can enjoy direct, quick and easy connections to Vienna International Airport. From 11 December 2016 onwards, the AIRail service will be improved again, making it much more convenient. Every hour, you can board a Railjet in Linz and travel to Vienna Airport from 1 hour and 43 minutes. Using www.austrian.com or a travel agency, it is possible to book the rail journey from Linz to Vienna together with a connecting flight as an AIRail connection with an OS flight number, enabling passengers travelling to or from Linz to access all the destinations in the Austrian Airlines global route network with one ticket valid for both the rail and air legs of their journey.
AIRail offers much more than just quick and easy booking, however. AIRail customers are offered the option of checking in for their flight at Linz Hauptbahnhof using a self-service terminal at the station’s Travel Centre. Business Class and AUA Miles & More Status customers are able to use the ÖBB Lounge at Linz Hauptbahnhof, with assistance available on request at Passenger Check-in. The boarding pass functions as a ticket for the entire journey booked, including the sections by rail and by air. Passengers remain in charge of their luggage until they reach the airport.
In ÖBB railjet trains there are seats specially reserved for AIRail passengers, who are supervised by ÖBB train staff during the train journey. If you want to refuel during your journey, you can use the voucher for the railjet restaurant which every AIRail passenger receives.
As an AIRail passenger you enjoy a range of benefits
- As a Miles & More Member you receive a discount on parking in the "Garage Bahnhof-Wissensturm Linz" directly at the main train station: Insert your parking ticket in the vending machine, followed by your Miles & More Card and your parking fee will be automatically reduced by 20%; For HON Circle Members, we provide three designated parking spaces in a privileged position.
- At the ÖBB Reisezentrum at Linz Hauptbahnhof an AIRail Check-in is at your disposal. For safety reasons check-in for your luggage can only be done at Vienna Airport.
- As an Austrian Business Class passenger, HON Circle Member or Senator you can relax in the ÖBB Lounge at Linz Hauptbahnhof before your AIRail train departs.
- Free Wi-Fi at the station Linz Hbf and in the railjet during your travel.
- If you are Austrian Business Class passenger you travel in First Class and can choose from a wide range of newspapers and magazines.
- You receive a snack voucher from your train attendant to be redeemed at the train restaurant.
- On your Austrian AIRail trip you are able to earn valuable Miles & More Award and Status miles.
- If you have any questions or require assistance, our train attendants will be pleased to help at all times.