No matter whether you want to relax, work or enjoy: our 7 exclusive ÖBB Lounges throughout Austria offer you the ideal atmosphere. The only prerequisite is that you have the right ticket or an according customer or partner card with you.
Free services at the ÖBB Lounge
- Waiting room: Stay before or after a train journey (per lounge at a location a maximum of twice per day, if the outward journey is before noon)
- Beverages and snacks: Consumption of the beverages and snacks provided in the ÖBB Lounge in average quantities. Alcoholic drinks (wine and beer) will not be offered until 6:00 p.m.
- WiFi: Free Internet access
- Newspapers and magazines: Free selection of Austrian media
- Power outlets: Power outlets for laptops, smartphones, etc.
- Service: Personal consultation and ticket booking
Opening hours ÖBB Lounges
|Vienna Central Station||daily from 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.|
|Vienna Meidling||daily from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Linz Hbf.||daily from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.|
|Salzburg Hbf.||Mo - Fr from 5:30 a.m. to 9:15 p.m., as well as on Sa/ Su and holidays from 6:30 a.m. to 9:15 p.m.|
|Graz Hbf.*||daily from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Klagenfurt Hbf.||daily from 5:30 a.m. to 9:45 p.m.|
|Innsbruck Hbf.||Mo - Fr from 5:45 a.m. to 9:40 p.m., as well as on Sa/ Su and holidays from 6:15 a.m. to 9:40 p.m.|
Due to renovation works the ÖBB Lounge Graz Hbf will remain closed from October 3 through October 28, 2016.
Please find a dedicated counter for ticketing and information in the Reisezentrum at the main station lobby. There you are welcome to obtain a complimentary voucher to use the temporarily installed lounge-area.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Provisions and house rules
At the ÖBB Lounge, the house rules posted at the train station apply. In addition to this, the following provisions apply:
Access to the ÖBB Lounge
You have access to the ÖBB Lounge with the following tickets and customer cards:
Tickets and customer cards
- ÖBB tickets for 1st class domestic and international travel (including mobile tickets)*; also, tickets with an upgrade from 2nd to 1st class.
- ÖBB tickets for sleeper cabins: access on the day of departure 2 hours before the scheduled departure and on the day of arrival up to 2 hours after the actual arrival
- ÖBB Österreichcard (1st class)
* Your ticket must be eligible for a journey on rj-, ICE-, EC-, IC- or D-trains. Special promotion tickets (such as ÖBB Sommer-Ticket) and integrated public transit system-tickets are excluded.
Passes and partner cards
- Interrail pass 1st class valid for Austria
- Eurail pass 1st class valid for Austria
- European East Pass 1st class
- Railteam partner card with a valid international ticket
DB bahn.bonus comfort.BahnCard 25/50 1. Klasse
DB bahn.bonus comfort.BahnCard 25/50/100 2. Klasse
DB bahn.bonus comfort Business 25/50 1. & 2. Klasse
DB bahn.bonus comfort Jugend BahnCard 25
DB bahn.bonus comfort comfort Status
DB bahn.bonus comfort BonusCard Business
Eurostar Carte blanche frequent traveller
SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
NS Business Card
Thalys The Card
- Partner cards without a ticket
DB bahn.comfort.card 1. Klasse 100
DB bahn.comfort BahnCard 100 First
IC-Karte MAV Start
MAV START Premium
SBB General-Abonnement 1st class (printed on the back of the card)
What is not allowed in an ÖBB Lounge
The following is prohibited in an ÖBB Lounge:
- Taking along newspapers and magazines, as well as beverages and snacks
- The consumption of food brought along (exceptions possible, if other lounge visitors are not bothered)
- Access for persons in ÖBB corporate uniforms
- Taking along luggage carst (due to lack of space)
- Taking along pets (exception: assistance dogs, as well as pets in transport containers - as long as they do not bother other visitors)
- Taking along bicycles
- Smoking (absolutely no smoking in the ÖBB Lounges)
Persons who do not comply with these provisions may be banned from using the ÖBB Lounges.