The Salt Worlds in Hallein near Salzburg have been tunnels of riches for the city as well as the state of Salzburg. In the oldest mine in the world open to visitors, you can discover the 2500 year history of salt - the "white gold" of earlier centuries. Follow in the footprints of the Celts who mined salt here as early as 400 B.C., and discover the world of the miners, from the Middle Ages up until present day.
The pit railway offers a fun and comfortable trip into the depths of the mountain, while two long miners' slides take you all the way to the underground salt lake, where a multimedia show immerses you in magical world of light and sound.
- Audio guides: audio guides provide general as well as more in-depth background information. Rental fee: € 2.50.
- Don't forget warm clothes and sturdy shoes!
- Admission to the Salt Worlds in Hallein and the Celtic village Salina
- Admission to the Celtic museum Hallein and the Silent Night museum
- Regional bus-transfer to the top of the Dürrnberg and back (exact departure times at www.postbus.at)
Destination station: Hallein
|from 01.01.17 - 08.01.17 and 28.01.17 - 31.12.17||ÖBB Plus-offer||Local prices|
|Adults||€ 23,70||€ 25,80|
|Children 4<6 years||€ 10,-||€ 10,50|
|Children 6<15 years||€ 12,40||€ 12,90|
Children under the age of 4 are not admitted to the exhibition.
You travel as planned, and on either the same day or one of the two following days, you simply exchange the voucher directly at the touristic attraction.