The S-Bahn is your comfortable, stress-free and also quick option for getting around Vienna and its surroundings.
Main S-Bahn route Vienna Meidling to Vienna Floridsdorf (S1, S2, S3)
The route section between Vienna Meidling and Vienna Floridsdorf, which offers an S-Bahn connection that is equivalent to any subway connection, is referred to as the "Main Route". Three different lines (S1, S2, S3) which operate on the Main Route and stop at all stations between Meidling and Floridsdorf offer very short intervals and therefore guarantee short waiting times for passengers. During rush hours, the trains in this section operate at 3-minute intervals.
New, from 11 December 2016 onwards:
- S-Bahn line S3: Shorter intervals from Jedlersdorf to Stockerau via Korneuburg during
- Vienna Meidling - Vienna Liesing: Introduction of a new 10-minute interval
- Pottendorf railway: Reduction of the stopping time of trains on the S60 line in Vienna Meidling from 19 minutes to 2 minutes
ÖBB operates 10 S-Bahn lines in Vienna
Line S7 - Airport connection
Line S45 - The suburb line
- S-Bahn Vienna/Lower Austria/Burgenland: since: 1962
- ÖBB-Lines: 10
- Customers using ÖBB-S-Bahn-trains: approx. 240.000/day