The Museum der Moderne Salzburg consists of two houses.
The new building designed by Friedrich Hoff und Zwink, a team of architects from Munich, towers prominently above the rooftops of the old city centre, presenting contemporary and modern art at one of Salzburg’s most beautiful locations. With its puristic architecture, the building offers an ideal setting for the exhibition of art from the 20th and 21st century on a surface area of 2.300 square metres. On three stories, works of art of international importance, as well as oeuvres from the museum’s own collection are shown in changing exhibitions.
The second location inhabited by the Museum der Moderne Salzburg is the Rupertinum in the centre of the historic old town, first mentioned in official documents in 1350. The building became the “Salzburger Museum für Moderne Kunst und Graphische Sammlung“ (Salzburg Museum for Modern Art and Graphics Collection) in 1983, when it was handed over to the public. The Rupertinum, a baroque historic building with a facade designed by Friedensreich Hundertwasser, hosts exhibits of contemporary and modern art in the centre of the festival district. In the Rupertinum, the Generali Foundation Study Centre and its attached Franz-West-Lounge have been open to the public since the summer of 2016. The newly renovated house combines exhibitions with conservation, research and mediation as well as various different ways of approaching art in a symbiotic manner.
- Combined admission to the Museum der Moderne Salzburg, Mönchsberg and Rupertinum
Destination station: Salzburg
|from 01.01.17 - 31.12.17||ÖBB Plus-offer||Local prices|
|Adults||€ 10,-||€ 12,-|
Tickets for children are not offered.