To allow you smooth travel by rail, there are some things you need to know before your departure.
- What facilities does the departure, transfer and arrival station offer?
- Which trains are best suited for people with limited mobility?
- Is there any assistance available at the stations?
Our staff in the Customer Service can give you answers to all these and many more questions.
- ÖBB Customer service - Mobility service
- +43 (0) 5 1717-5
- Online-form regarding mobility service
To allow us to organise and ensure best possible assistance at the station for you, we need you to inform us about the trip you intend to take at the latest 24 hours before departure (at the latest 48 hours for international travels).
Data required for an advance request
- First and family name, address
- Phone number for any enquiries and notifications (very important)
- Travel date, travel route (departure/transfer/arrival station)
- Are you travelling with someone or with luggage?
- Type of limitation (wheelchair user, walking disability, visual impairment, other limitation)
- Do you need any aids? (elevator, train wheelchair,...)
- Meeting place at the station
- Have you already bought or reserved tickets or seats? If yes, we need your coach and seat number. If no, you can order these from our Mobility Service Centre when you make your request.
Advantages of advance request
- Clarification regarding facilities of stations and trains
- Agreement of time and place of meeting
- Information on available services
- Coordination of seat availability (wheelchair bays,...)
- Information of service staff
- Information for passengers regarding potential non-availability of wheelchair cars for long-distance travels
Requests for assistance now also possible on short notice
It is now possible to make requests for assistance on short notice for certain train stations - up to three hours before departure.
These are: Station Wien West, St. Pölten Hbf., Linz Hbf., Wels Hbf., Station Attnang-Puchheim, Salzburg Hbf., Innsbruck Hbf., Station Bregenz, Station Wien Meidling, Station Wiener Neustadt, Station Bruck/Mur, Graz Hbf., Station Leoben, Klagenfurt Hbf. and Villach Hbf.
Travel requests between these railway stations can now also be made to the Customer Service within the shorter period - up to three hours before departure.
Due to the shorter request period, the reservation of a wheelchair bay is no longer possible and the respective availability can therefore not be guaranteed. Also information in case of any coach cancellations can no longer be provided.
For detailed information, please contact the Customer Service.