Once you buy the card, you will receive discounted rates on all rail travel for an entire year: the ÖBB Vorteilscard is your ideal partner when travelling throughout Austria as well as abroad. Because this card ensures that you receive a discount every time you buy a ticket.
Your most important benefits
- When buying ÖBB standard single tickets via the the ÖBB online ticketing, the ÖBB App or at the ÖBB ticket vending machines, you save 50%.
- When buying ÖBB standard single tickets at the ÖBB ticket counters or at the travel agencies at the train station, you save 45%.
- In addition to this, you can also travel abroad for less: with Railplus, you receive a 25% discount on all cross-border rail travel.
All benefits at a glance
The ÖBB Vorteilscard allows you to purchase train tickets at discounted rates during a period of one year. But that is by far not all - have a look here, to see what further benefits await you:
Your perfect travel companion: saving money on the purchase of tickets
- Discounted online, mobile and machine tickets: When buying ÖBB standard single tickets via the ÖBB ticket shop, the ÖBB App or at the ÖBB ticket vending machines, you save 50 %*.
- Discounted tickets at the ticket counters: When buying ÖBB standard single tickets at the ÖBB ticket counters or at the ÖBB travel agencies , you save 45 %*.
- Low-cost international travel: With Railplus, you receive a 25 % discount on all cross-border rail travel.
- Discounted rates on private railways: On most private railways in Austria, you receive discounts of up to 50 % with your Vorteilscard. Exception: the Vorteilscard Family is only valid on the Raab-Oedenburg-Ebenfurter railway.
- Special offers with transport associations: With your Vorteilscard, you receive discounts from several transport associations.
Enjoy your holidays: low-cost travel
- Travel bonus: You receive discounts when booking with travel agencies at the train station as well as special rates with ÖBB Rail Tours.
- Low-cost transport to the airport: The Vienna Airportlines as well as the City Airport Train (CAT) take you to the Vienna-International Airport for a low fare.
Arrive relaxed: a car or bicycle is already waiting for you
- Car-sharing at the train station: Our partner Zipcar has cars at your disposal at 11 train stations throughout Austria. With a Vorteilscard, you only pay a reduced annual fee.
- Rental bicycles at the train station: At 60 ÖBB train stations in Lower Austria and Burgenland, nextbike operates bicycle rental stations. With a Vorteilscard, the first hour of your bicycle trip is free.
The ÖBB Vorteilscard is valid on these private railways
In addition to the ÖBB rail network, the Vorteilscard can also be used on the following private railways:
Citybahn Waidhofen (CD), Graz-Köflacher Bahn, Mariazellerbahn (MzB), Montafonerbahn, Pinzgauer Lokalbahn, Raab-Oedenburg-Ebenfurter Eisenbahn (Austrian routes), Salzburger Lokalbahn, Steiermärkische Landesbahnen, Stern & Hafferl, Stubaitalbahn, Wiener Lokalbahnen, Zillertalbahn
* For journeys within the transport associations different tariffs are used and therefore there might be no or a minor Vorteilscard discount.
Choose your ÖBB Vorteilscard
With the Vorteilscard, you can travel on ÖBB trains as well as many private railways at a discounted rate during an entire year. Be it for families, students or senior citizens: we have the perfect solution for everybody. After only a few train trips a year, the customer card has already paid for itself.
ÖBB Vorteilscard 66
With the Vorteilscard 66 you save 66 euros per year by train. This card requires no special requirements and is only available online at tickets.oebb.at.
ÖBB Vorteilscard Classic
With the Vorteilscard Classic, you can travel by train at discounted rates for 99 euros per year. There are no special requirements for this card and is available at every ÖBB ticket counter.
ÖBB Vorteilscard Family
Whether you want to head off on a little trip with your daughter or granddaughter or take your son's friend along: the Vorteilscard Family offers you a particularly inexpensive option to travel together with children. For only 19 euros a year, up to 4 children under the age of 15 can accompany you for free. Please note:
- Each adult traveling along needs an own Vorteilscard Family.
- Accompanying children must be specified when purchasing the ticket. They do not need to be related to you.
- The Vorteilscard Family is only valid for trips taken together (at least 1 adult and 1 child).
Small children up to the age of 5 accompanied by an adolescent or an adult always travel for free on ÖBB trains.
ÖBB Vorteilscard Jugend
If you are young, you are always on the move. With the Vorteilscard Jugend, you can travel by train at discounted rates for only 19 euros a year. This card is available to anybody below the age of 26 (until 1 day prior to the 26th birthday). This age limit will be increased to 63 years in 2018.
ÖBB Vorteilscard Senior
With the Vorteilscard Senior, you can travel by train at discounted rates for as little as 29 euros a year. This card is available to anybody above the age of 62.
As a senior citizen receiving a compensatory or supplementary allowance, you can obtain the Vorteilscard Senior Frei free of charge. In addition to this, many transport associations offer further discounts for seniors. You can get the Vorteilscard Senior Frei only at the ÖBB ticket counters.
Discounts for passengers with disabilities
In order to make use of this offering, you need an Austrian certificate of disability or a certificate of severe war-related disability with the following information: Specification of a degree of disability of at least 70 % or an entry "The holder of this certificate can claim discounts on transport rates in accordance with the Federal Disabilities Act (Bundesbehindertengesetz)".
Vorteilscard recognition overview in transport associations
Valid from 06.07.2016
|Shortcut||VC Classic||VC Jugend||VC 66||VC Family||VC Senior|
How can you get your ÖBB Vorteilscard?
You can get your ÖBB Vorteilscard at the ÖBB ticket shop, at the ÖBB ticket counters and at the ÖBB travel agencies. The Vorteilscard will be issued in your name and is not transferable to other persons.
How to order your ÖBB Vorteilscard
The Vorteilscard can be purchased up to 3 months prior to the requested start of the validity period and is valid for a period of 12 months. For this card, no photo is required. Don't forget: please have a photo identification card including proof of age at hand on any train journey.
Buy your Vorteilscard online
If you want to order your ÖBB Vorteilscard online, you need to register an ÖBB account. Each Vorteilscard-holder needs an ÖBB account. Here, you can easily order, manage and renew your Vorteilscard 66, Jugend, Senior and Family. This is how it works:
- Order: Log on to your ÖBB account with your account data. Click on "My Vorteilscard" or on "Order new Vorteilscard". Next, select the start date for the validity period, as well as the desired card.
- Pay: You can pay your Vorteilscard by online bank-transfer or by credit card (please take care of the 3-D-secure code).
- Go: You will receive your temporary Vorteilscard immediately by e-mail - simply print it out and start travelling throughout Austria at reduced rates. Several days later, you will receive your credit card-sized Vorteilscard by mail. Please note: the temporary Vorteilscard which you print out yourself is currently not accepted by all transport associations in Austria and partner railway operators abroad.
Buy your Vorteilscard via order form
You can also buy your ÖBB Vorteilscard Classic, Jugend, Senior and Family using an order form at the station. This is how it works:
- Order: You can get the order form for the Vorteilscard at the ÖBB ticket counters and at the ÖBB travel agencies.
- Pay: You can pay your Vorteilscard cash, by ATM card or by credit card (depending on availability).
- Go: After paying, you will immediately receive a temporary Vorteilscard. With this, you can travel throughout Austria and abroad at discounted rates. Several days later, we will send you your credit card-sized Vorteilscard by mail.