Travel comfortably and inexpensively overnight with the ÖBB night train (EN) - for as little as 29 euros within Austria and to Italy, and starting at 39 euros to Germany and Switzerland. You save time as well as hotel expenses, and in the morning you arrive well rested at your destination. Ideal for city trips, holidays and single-day excursions.
Fantastically cheap travel to...
Rome, Florence, Bologna, Pisa, Livorno, Milano, Verona, Venice, Udine, Gardasee, Hamburg, Hannover, Düsseldorf, Cologne, Koblenz, Mainz, Frankfurt, Dresden, Berlin, Krakau, Warzaw, Sargans, Buchs, Zurich, Bregenz, Feldkirch, Vienna, Graz and others.
You choose whether you prefer to travel in a seating carriage or in a couchette or sleeper cabin. Our team of train attendants is there for you around the clock, ensuring that your trip is as comfortable as possible. On many connections, we can also take your car or motorcycle along.
Find out more about the different travel categories and services on our night trains here: Cabin facilities on the ÖBB night train
Your family compartment on the night train
On the ÖBB night train, we can also offer you a family compartment. Up to 2 adults and 4 children under the age of 15 can travel in their own couchette cabin at a special rate.
ÖBB night trains
Travel comfortably for as less as 39 Euro from Vienna to Hamburg or Düsseldorf.
Travel to Tuscany, St. Peter’s Basilica or the Leaning Tower of Pisa for as little as 39 euros.
Night trains in cooperation
Our fares and offerings
Depending on the respective night train, we can offer you the following categories and Sparschiene rates:
- Seat with reservation: starting at 29 euros
- Couchette in a 6-bed compartment including breakfast: starting at 49 euros
- Couchette in a 4-bed compartment including breakfast: starting at 59 euros
- Sleeping space in a 3-bed compartment including breakfast: starting at 69 euros
- Sleeping space in a 2-bed compartment (double) including breakfast: starting at 89 euros
- Sleeping space in a 1-bed compartment (single) including breakfast: starting at 129 euros
How to get your ticket
At the ÖBB online ticketing,you will find the current rates for all night trains (EN). Here, you also have the option to comfortably book your ticket right away. Tickets are available from the ÖBB customer service at +43 (0)5 1717, with the ÖBB app as well as from the ÖBB ticket counters.
Discounts and special conditions for the ÖBB night train
- Groups: Groups of 6 persons or more receive a discount of 35 % on the regular rate (basis: seat). Booking possible at the ÖBB ticket counters or at the ÖBB customer service 05-1717.
- Children: Children under the age of 6 travel for free, if they do not need their own separate space. Children from the age of 6-14 are travelling extra cheap - all available prices can be found in the ÖBB online ticketing. If you're travelling with children we recommend the family compartment.
- Interrail and Eurail: With an Interrail or Eurail pass, you pay a surcharge for the ÖBB night train. You can pay this surcharge (also applicable to travel in a couchette or sleeper cabin) at any ÖBB ticket counter.
- School classes: With the Schoolgroup-Ticket, school classes can travel at a particularly low rate on the ÖBB night train.
- Dogs: Dogs may only be taken along on an ÖBB night train if you book an entire compartment. A ticket for the dog is required.
- Customer cards: ÖBB Vorteilscard as well as the ÖBB Businesscard also apply on the ÖBB night train.
- Advance sales: The advance sales period for all night train tickets is 180 days.
The prices are the starting prices for a SparSchiene ticket per person and direction in a seated carriage, including seat reservation, tickets are limited in number and the booked train must be taken. Ticket booking deadline ends 3 days prior to the journey. For couchette or sleeper car tickets as well as car and motorcycle transport (if available), a surcharge applies. VORTEILSCARD discounts cannot be applied. Tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded. The ÖBB Personenverkehr AG's terms and conditions apply. Tickets and information available at oebb.at, at any ÖBB ticket counter and at the ÖBB customer service at 05-1717.