Be it from home to work or from Vienna to Lake Constance: with the ÖBB Österreichcard, you can travel anywhere throughout Austria for an entire year. Simple climb aboard the next train and head off - to wherever and as often as you want, without ever needing a separate ticket.
The most important advantages:
- With the Österreichcard, you save time and money.
- You can use all trains in Austria operated by ÖBB as well as many private railway operators.
- You can also travel abroad inexpensively: With Railplus, you receive a 25 % discount on all cross-border rail travel in Europe.
Your benefits with an ÖBB Österreichcard at a glance
The ÖBB Österreichcard is suitable for anybody who frequently travels by train. Have a look at the benefits for yourself:
One for all: the card for the entire country
- ÖBB annual network ticket: With the Österreichcard you can travel on our trains throughout Austria inexpensively and in an environmentally friendly manner for an entire year.
- Private railways and reduced rates for transport associations: The Österreichcard is also valid for selected private railways in Austria, as well as for transport associations.
- Inexpensive international travel: With Railplus, you can travel abroad at low, attractive rates. You receive a discount of 25 % on cross-border rail travel in Europe.
Hop aboard and enjoy: our services for you
- Free seat reservation: Make yourself comfortable on your favourite seat.
- Discounts on upgrades: If free seats are available in 1st class, you can ask for an upgrade at half the regular price (at the ÖBB ticket counters or directly on the train). This offer is good until further notice.
- Pay as you prefer: You decide whether you pay the entire amount when ordering your card or whether you prefer to pay in monthly instalments.
- Enjoy your holidays: With your Österreichcard, you receive discounts when booking with ÖBB travel agencies as well as special rates with ÖBB Rail Tours.
- Low-cost transport to the airport: The Vienna Airportlines take you to the Vienna-Schwechat airport for a discounted fare.
Arrive relaxed: a car or bicycle is already waiting for you
- Car sharing at the train station: Our partner Zipcar has cars at your disposal at approximately 11 train stations throughout Austria. With your Österreichcard, the annual fee is reduced.
- Rental bicycles at the train station: At 60 ÖBB train stations in Lower Austria and Burgenland, nextbike operates bicycle rental stations. With an Österreichcard, the first hour of your bicycle trip is free.
The ÖBB Österreichcard is valid on these private railways
Apart from the ÖBB train network, the Österreichcard can also be used on the following private railways:
Citybahn Waidhofen (CD), Graz-Köflacher Bahn, Mariazellerbahn (MzB), Montafonerbahn, Pinzgauer Lokalbahn, Raab-Oedenburg-Ebenfurter Eisenbahn (österreichische Strecken), Salzburger Lokalbahn, Steiermärkische Landesbahnen, Stern & Hafferl, Stubaitalbahn, Wiener Lokalbahnen, Zillertalbahn (ZB)
Choose your ÖBB Österreichcard
With your annual network ticket, you can travel throughout the entire country with ÖBB as well as many private railways for a whole year. Be it for families, students or senior citizens: we have the right Österreichcard for everybody.
ÖBB Österreichcard Classic
With the Österreichcard Classic you can travel by train throughout Austria for an entire year for as little as 4.90 euros per day. There are no special requirements for this card.
ÖBB Österreichcard Familie
As parents with children, you can travel within Austria at a particularly low rate. With the Österreichcard Familie, you can travel by train during an entire year for as little as 5.30 euros per day. It is valid for up to 2 parents, as well as all children under the age of 15 for whom you receive a family allowance. Parents and children receive their own cards, so that they can also travel by train alone at any time.
ÖBB Österreichcard Jugend
Whether you are commuting to university or want to head off on your holidays: with the Österreichcard Jugend, all of Austria is waiting for you - all year long, for as little as 3.- euros per day. This card is available to anybody below the age of 26 (until 1 day prior to the 26th birthday).
ÖBB Österreichcard Senior
For holidays, visiting family or excursions: with the Österreichcard Senior, you can travel by rail throughout the country for one year - for as little as 3.50 euros per day. This card is available to anybody above the age of 62.
ÖBB Österreichcard Spezial
Wanderlust knows no limits. Even if your mobility is limited, you are welcome to make the most of our rail travel offerings. With the Österreichcard Spezial, you can travel by rail throughout Austria for one year - starting at 3.- euros per day.
You will need an Austrian certificate of disability or an Austrian certificate of severe war-related disability with the following entries: level of disability of at least 70 % or an additional entry "...can claim discounts on transport rates in accordance with the Federal Disabilities Act (Bundesbehindertengesetz)".
|Österreichcard||2nd class||Price/ day||1st class||Price/ day|
|Classic||€ 1,784||€ 4.90||€ 2,604||€ 7.20|
|Family||€ 1,909||€ 5.30||€ 2,784||€ 7.70|
|Adolescents||€ 1,089||€ 3.-||€ 1,529||€ 4.20|
|Senior||€ 1,254||€ 3.50||€ 1,914||€ 5.30|
|Special||€ 1,089||€ 3.-||€ 1,529||€ 4.20|
How can you get your ÖBB Österreichcard?
You can get your Österreichcard from any ÖBB ticket counter or from travel agencies selling ÖBB tickets. The card can be purchased up to 3 months prior to the requested start of the validity period and is valid for a period of 12 months. The Österreichcard will be issued in your name and is not transferable.
How to get your card
1. Order: Obtain an order form from an ÖBB sales point, complete it and hand it in again.
- Österreichcard Classic, Jugend, Senior and Spezial: please bring along a portrait photo.
- Österreichcard Familie: please bring along a portrait photo of both parents (no photos of children required).
- Österreichcard Blind: you do not need a photo.
- Österreichcard Zivildienst: please bring along your valid notice of assignment, as well as a photo identification card. A photo is not required.
2. Pay: You pay your Österreichcard on site or provide us with a SEPA direct debit mandate (direct debit order). We also offer you the option of paying in instalments: when ordering, you pay the first two monthly instalments. The remaining 10 monthly instalments will be debited to your account free of interest.
3. Go: With your temporary ÖBB Österreichcard, you can immediately hop aboard the next train. You will receive your permanent card by mail approximately 10 days after ordering.
What can you do when your ÖBB Österreichcard expires?
Approximately 2 months prior to expiry, we will notify you by mail.
- Have you provided us with a direct debit order? In this case, your card contract will be automatically renewed, if you don't object in due time.
- Did you pay your Österreichcard cash? In this case, you will receive a payment instruction from us. This will allow you to comfortably renew your card.
- ÖBB Customer service
- +43 5 1717 (daily 00:00 - 24:00)