ÖBB opens up a new gateway for your car or motorcycle.
The Tauern motorail connects the Gastein valley in Salzburg with the Möll valley in Carinthia through the Tauern tunnel and is a way to avoid the traffic jams on the Tauern motorway.
Departure times in Mallnitz-Obervellach towards the North (at minute 50):
- Hourly - first train at 05:50 a.m., last train at 10:50 p.m.
Departure times in Böckstein towards the South (at minute 20):
- Hourly - first train at 06:20 a.m., last train at 11:20 p.m.
Loading starts 15 minutes before the departure of every train. Loading ends 5 minutes before the departure of every train. No passengers and animals are allowed to remain in the cars!
|Type of vehicle||Carriage price|
|Passenger vehicle - one-way journey||17,-|
|Passenger vehicle - one-way journey with VORTEILScard||14,-|
|Passenger vehicle - outward and return journey||31,-|
|Passenger vehicle - outward and return journey with VORTEILScard||25,-|
|Bus up to 32 seats, one-way journey||35,-|
|Bus up to 32 seats, outward and return journey||50,-|
|Truck over 3.5t, bus with over 32 seats, one-way journey||60,-|
|Truck over 3.5t, bus with over 32 seats, outward and return journey||100,-|
|Motorbike one-way journey||16,-|
|Motorbike one-way journey with VORTEILScard||13,-|
|Motorbike outward and return journey||29,-|
|Motorbike outward and return journey with VORTEILScard||23,-|
|Trailer one-way journey||9,-|
|Trailer outward and return journey||16,-|
Conditions of Carriage
Please read the notices at the loading stations!
Separate carriage of vehicles and passengers:
- No passengers and animals are allowed to remain in the cars
- Accompanying passengers are kindly requested to leave the vehicles before they are driven onto the motorail train and to take a seat in the coach on platform 1.
- Only the drivers remain in their vehicles in order to drive them onto the train, after which they will join the other passengers in the coach.
Permitted vehicle dimensions:
- Maximum height trucks: 3.60 metres
- Maximum height busses: 3.80 metres
- Maximum width: 2.50 metres
- Maximum weight: 25 tons
Not admitted for carriage are:
- Transports of dangerous goods RID/ADR
- Vehicles longer than 12 metres
- Motor-coaches (3 axle)
Carriage with advance reservation only for:
- Motor-coaches (2 axle)
- Groups of motorbikes
No confirmation can be given for carriage on specific trains!