ÖBB offers the VORTEILScard Spezial (disability) already for 19,90 Euro to people with limited mobility.
A discount of up to 50% is granted for all ÖBB trains, as well for many private railways (excluding rack railways and special transport arrangements), the ÖBB Postbus and the busses of many public transport associations.
VORTEILScard Spezial (disability) info
The VORTEILScard Spezial for 19,90 Euro for people with limited mobility is valid for one year after its issue.
Eligibility conditions and acquisition
- A degree of disability of at least 70% evidenced by ...
- the pass for the disabled [Behindertenpass] according to the Austrian Federal law for disabled people [Bundesbehindertengesetz], or
- a decision according to the Austrian Disabled Persons Employment Act [Behinderteneinstellungsgesetz]; or
- a decision on the receipt of a disability pension; or
- a certificate issued by the Federal Austrian Social Services Department [Bundessozialamt] for people who are eligible for assistance according to the Austrian Act on Compensation to Army Victims [Heeresversorgungsgesetz]; or
- the receipt of increased family benefits according to the Law on Compensation for Family Expenses [Familienlastenausgleichsgesetz]
- Certificate where the presumably permanent disability to care for oneself was determined (without specification of percentage)
- Receipt of a nursing care allowance or another similar benefit, e.g. care allowance, …. (without specification of percentage)
- Pass for the disabled [Behindertenpass] according to the Austrian Federal law for disabled people [Bundesbehindertengesetz] with the endorsement that the holder of the pass is entitled to receive fare reductions pursuant to the Austrian Federal law for disabled people ["der Inhaber/die Inhaberin des Passes kann die Fahrpreisermäßigung nach dem Bundesbehindertengesetz in Anspruch nehmen”]
- For citizens of other states, the VORTEILScard Spezial can be issued upon presentation of an official document, the contents of which corresponds with the pass for the disabled [Behindertenpass] according to § 40 of the Austrian Federal Law for disabled people [Bundesbehindertengesetz]. This document must contain at least the following information:
- First name, family name
- Place of residence
- Date of birth
- Specifics/degree of disability of at least 70 per cent
People receiving a compensation allowance [Ausgleichszulage] or a supplementary allowance [Ergänzungszulage] receive the VORTEILScard for free with a validity of 5 years.
You can get the request form for the VORTEILScard Spezial at an ÖBB ticket counter.
If the Tariff of a Transport Association provides for fare reductions for the VORTEILScard Spezial (disability), these also apply to all participating transport undertakings such as e.g. ÖBB-Postbus.
For people travelling in a wheelchair as well as people, on whose pass for disabled there is the remark "Der Inhaber des Passes bedarf einer Begleitperson [The holder of the pass requires the assistance of an accompanying person]", one accompanying passenger and/or one guide dog are carried free of charge.