ÖBB VORTEILSCARDBuy now
Travel quickly, comfortably and, above all, at a low cost - with your ÖBB VORTEILSCARD.
The most important benefits to you at a glance:
- 50 % discount on ÖBB standard single tickets on your cell phone, online, and at the ticket vending machine
- 45 % discount on ÖBB standard single tickets at ticket counters
- with RAILPLUS, 25 % discount on rail journeys abroad
- ...and many other benefits
Reductions for Passengers with disabilities
Low-cost travel with a certificate of disability: With your certificate of disability, you can travel with ÖBB throughout Austria at a discount of 50 %. You do not need a discount card, but rather save directly on each and every trip with ÖBB.
- 50 % discount on ÖBB standard single tickets for passengers in Austria (via all sales channels)
- An escort or assistance dog can travel along free of charge, if this is noted accordingly in the certificate of disability
In order to make use of this offering, you need an Austrian certificate of disability or a certificate of severe war-related disability with the following information:
- Specification of a degree of disability of at least 70 % or
- An entry "The holder of this certificate can claim discounts on transport rates in accordance with the Federal Disabilities Act (Bundesbehindertengesetz)"
The VORTEILSCARD Spezial, VORTEILSCARD Blind and VORTEILSCARD Schwerkriegsbeschädigt are therefore no longer offered. You can continue using your card until it expires.
Reductions for Bundesheer/ Zivildienst
Our offering for members of the military or civilian service is available directly via the civilian service agency or the Austrian Armed Forces.
Better than marching. With the VORTEILSCARD Bundesheer, members of the military can travel with ÖBB throughout Austria free of charge during their entire service time.
- Valid in combination with a military identification card in 2nd class on all ÖBB trains within Austria
- After the end of the military service, the card can be continued to be used as a VORTEILSCARD until its date of expiration, in order to save money and receive a discount of 50 % on rail tickets
Application is made directly upon starting the military service. The ordered cards are then sent to the corresponding unit. For this period of time, there is a provisional substitute form to be used until the VORTEILSCARD is received. This way, the offering can already be used starting with the first day.
With the VORTEILSCARD Zivildienst, persons performing their civilian service can travel with ÖBB in 2nd class throughout Austria free of charge during the time of their civilian service.
- The VORTEILSCARD Zivildienst is valid for 1 year after the start of the regular civilian service, and during the time of the civilian service (9 months) it assumes the function of a 2nd class ÖBB travel card.
- After completion of the civilian service, the VORTEILSCARD Zivildienst can still be used as a VORTEILSCARD - allowing for discounts of up to 50 %.
In order to apply for the VORTEILSCARD Zivildienst, the person performing his or her civilian service receives an order sheet from the civilian service agency (Zivildienstserviceagentur, ZISA) together with the notice of assignment. In the time between the start of the civilian service and the receipt of the actual VORTEILSCARD Zivildienst, the order sheet in combination with the notice of assignment and an official photo identification serves as a provisional VORTEILSCARD. This way, the offering can already be used starting with the first day.
Please note that the VORTEILSCARD Bundesheer or Zivildienst cannot be ordered online.
Tel.: 05-17 17 (daily 0 - 24)